maybe the idea of having another girl
is beautiful in your wondering mind
and leaving me behind seems
easy at the moment
but do you think
that you will be able to go
a whole car ride with her
without comparing the way that
she sits in the passenger side
hands in her lap with a faint smile on her face
to the way that
I sat in the middle next to you
switching the radio stations
until you got so aggravated
you could not help but yell at me?
do you honestly believe that
your ears won’t ring
due to the silence from the
absence of my voice screaming out
every song I know that comes on?
because if you do
by all means,
but if you don’t, baby
maybe it’s best that you stay.
2. Don’t listen to him when he says he’ll never leave. Six months from the moment he says “I love you” for the first time, you will find yourself falling apart on the bathroom floor when he kisses the pretty blonde.
3. You will spend your entire summer trying to forget what his mouth tastes like. You will be riding in the car on the way to the beach with your friends and you will taste his tongue. Chew a piece of gum. It’ll be okay.
4. Kissing boys with the same smile as him will not make the heartache go away. In fact, it will make it worse.
5. You’re going to see him again, but this time he will not say hello. He will walk past you as if he never knew you, and your chest will cave in. Don’t let him know it got to you.
6. You will try, but you won’t be able to listen to your favorite record anymore, because it will remind you of that night he kissed your entire body. Turn it off and go to sleep.
7. Six months will pass by and you’ll realize you haven’t cried. You will look in the mirror and be able to see yourself without imagining his arms wrapped around your waist.
8. It’s going to hurt for a long time, baby girl. But you’ll fall in love again. You’ll find someone else to kiss you goodnight.” – Things I wish I knew before you broke my heart (via myheartin—words)